The time has come! The Mendocino County Public Health Officer has released the newest health order effective June 12, 2020 at 3PM, this order allows for leisure travel in Mendocino County. That means you, our lodging partner may reopen your property!
Please review the official health order here and make sure that you are following the order for your lodging property type.
The first step in this process is a Self Certification with the County of Mendocino. This step is mandatory and must be completed before opening. This process can be found at www.mendocinocountybusiness.org. Please note, if you have already certified for essential travelers, you MUST recertify.
Basic overview for tourism businesses:
- Campgrounds and RV parks – daily occupancy capped at 75% of sites (with other restrictions)
- Transient lodging (hotels, motels, vacation rentals) to be occupied by no more than one household including a maximum of two (2) adults and their children with daily occupancy of hotels/motels capped at 75% of rooms (with other restrictions)
- Tasting rooms (wineries, breweries, distilleries) and bars (12 midnight closing)
A group of lodging owners and managers, a Board of Supervisors Ad Hoc committee, the West Business Development Center, chambers of commerce and individuals representing restaurants, retail shops along with Visit Mendocino County joined together to create safety protocols, procedures that helped to guide our Public Health Officer to allow the limited reopening of leisure travel in Mendocino County. The number one priority being opening in a safe and healthy manner for residents and tourists alike. These efforts have lead to the Mendocino County Safe & Clean Commitment, a sanitation and intensive cleaning process, among others. It’s the goal of lodging to be the first-line of safety and health education to travelers. We hope you’ll join us in this pledge, #SafeMendocino.
Resources for Businesses:
CLICK HERE for a selection of signs and decals available for purchase from Braggadoon Signs & Graphics
CLICK HERE for a selection of winery and tasting room signs and decals available for purchase from Braggadoon Signs & Graphics
Signs can be printed by VMC and mailed to properties by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This message was created for you to copy and paste onto your website. Feel free to create your own message or change this as you see necessary. Also, use any of the graphics below to enhance your #SAFEMENDOCINO commitment.
Thank you for your interest in staying with us! As you may know, we have a small population with extremely limited medical services. We have been very fortunate to only have had very few cases. Any increase in the cases could easily overwhelm our capacity to treat patients.
Please help keep COVID-19 from spreading by:
- Wearing a mask whenever indoors with other people, and whenever encountering other people outdoors
- Frequently washing or sanitizing your hands especially when entering and exiting a building, shop, gallery, grocery store or any indoor space
- Practice social distancing, keeping 6 ft between you and others
- Staying home if you feel ill and have symptoms associated with COVID-19 such as cough, fever, or trouble breathing
Thank you for helping to keep yourselves, other guests, our staff and all of Mendocino Safe and Healthy!
For additional information visit www.visitmendocino.com
#SafeMendocino Instagram Photos
#SafeMendocino Facebook Photos